Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day

Holidays are my absolute favorite mostly because I am paid to not work for a change. This is the first summer of fireworks that Broc actually enjoyed. I love that he is getting so big yet I hate it at the same time. My baby is not so much a baby anymore. We did a pre 4th firework show at my brother and sister in laws (thanks Craig and Nicole for having us over). Broc did his first sparkler and wasn't so impressed with it. One of the sparks got him and that was the end of sparklers for him. Broc enjoyed the fireworks for a little bit but then got bored and started riding bikes. For the actual 4th we slept in. It was very nice. Justin had golf marshaling and then played golf all afternoon with his brothers. Broc and I bummed around and shopped with Holli then it was off to the Lindon Pool with Nicole and the girls. I must say I highly recommend that pool to anyone. It has a lazy river and the fake surfing thing. It was so much fun and we had a blast. Broc had a meltdown at the very end because he missed nap time. I bribed him with a treat to take home from the pool and he chose a snow cone. I laid out a towel on the seat and covered him so as to not a big mess and let's just say it is a good thing that I did. Broc fell asleep yet was still eating his snow cone. It was the funniest thing ever. We then came home and waited for daddy to get home then made a yummy dinner of steak and lobster. Chelsea hung out with us all night also. Her sisters got to go see the Jonas Brothers at the Stadium of Fire. Broc and Chelsea have such a good time together. After dinner, it was off to Matt and Kerrilee's for fireworks. Thanks guys for letting us crash. All in all it was a really good day. I am so thankful for the troops and those that protect us and keep us free so that we can celebrate our independence. I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. i love the pictures staci!!!!!!!!!! there so cute especiallt the ones of ME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete